Sunday, November 4, 2012

Don't Tell Me

I was introduced to this song today, and listening to it was like an arrow to my heart. So much of what this song speaks about I have witnessed first hand, especially since being here in Mae Sot among so many Burmese refugees.

How many times do I secretly wish that I could run from the pain I'm surrounded by; to close my ears to yet another story of suffering, of abuse, of unimaginable loss; to turn my head away from the scene of a child on the streets, digging through putrid garbage, looking for recyclables.


"Don't Tell Me..."

My human selfishness does not want to know, for with the knowing comes responsibility. Yet ignorance is not bliss, and I cannot go through life trying to protect myself from the realities of living in a fallen world.


Nothing is mine to hoard for it was never mine to start with. I have been blessed to bless others.

Listen to this song. Allow the words to penetrate your heart. Then with me, ask yourself the piercing question, "Now that I do know, how does God want me to respond?"



No comments:

Post a Comment